Thursday, November 27, 2008

Louise and Kahi


Louise is one of the most amazing people on the earth and Kahi is her second. They are on a surf trip around the world, which can be tracked by visiting the site eatdrinksurf. They are an inspiration, not just in living your dream, but loving life and always smiling. I was thinking about my personal quest to make barefoot prints around the world and I came up with this small waterfall of thoughts-

the many variations of the earth
from cold to hot and high to low
wet to dry and dark to light
I'm curious to attempt to blend
adapt, accept. Culture and race
and every difference I haven't seen
in a sheltered America where my boundaries lie.
And although the thought scares me,
I'd like to take a sip, of the
world. so my core will adapt,
my eyes will dilate, and my skin
will shed. Until I know life- of
this earth and grow like the grass
so I'll die experienced.

1 comment:

kahi said...

Thanks for the good words Jess. We miss you and hope to meet up with you in Mexico!